I’m Martina, owner at Moving Words.
I’m a hands-on, resourceful and passion-driven professional –
I strive to make your company, product or service available to the Italian and Swiss Italian market.
I’m an Italian professional translator, business owner, outdoor enthusiast, and have lived in more countries that can be recalled. I’ve been making premium products and brands accessible to the Italian, Swiss Italian, and European markets since 2010.
Along my translation business I’ve launched my latest project, Freelancer at Work, to help freelancers and entrepreneurs make self-marketing portable and effortless through custom decals that advertise their services, 24/7.
When I’m not translating for brands like Skullcandy, Volvo, and Swatch you can find me rock climbing, hiking up mountains or snowboarding down them.
While I am happiest when I’m breathing that fresh mountain air and covered in snow, a good book in hand (usually business related) comes in at a very close second.
- Master’s Degree in audiovisual translation: subtitling, dubbing and localization from the University of Cadiz / ISTRAD – Instituto Superior de Estudio Lingüístico y Traduccion (currently)
CPD courses & Webinars:
- Certificate in Business Spanish from ‘Team Management Services’, Milan
- Specialization course for translating / operating in the tourism industry by School for Interpreters and Translators Gregorio VII, Rome
- Website localization by Dorota Pawlak
- SEO & website localization by
Alta formazione RomaExplorer / Sweb
- Introduction to game localization by Pablo Munioz
- Copywriting by Scrittura.org
Conferences & Events:
- bp15 translation conference in Zagreb, Croatia – 01-02.05.2015
- VI Congreso SELM (congress on audiovisual translation), in Sevilla, Spain – 20-23.11.2016
- FED2017 Forum dell’economia digitale in Milan, Italy – 21.03.17
- BIT Fiera Internazionale del turismo in Milan, Italy – 02-04.04.2017
- Forum della comunicazione italiana, in Milan, Italy – 08.06.2017
- OutDoor fair (on outdoors, sports and innovation), in Friedrichshafen, Germany – 19-22.06.2017
- next: Women on the mountain (conference for women in business & tech), in Bansko, Bulgaria – 01-03.09.2017
- next: Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal – 6-9.11.2017
This section is currently being updated – hold tight!
- Currently divide time between Italy and Switzerland
- Periods spent living in Germany and South America
- Extended travels through Austria, Liechtenstein, the UK, USA, Spain, Portugal, the Baltic countries and South East Asia
- In-depth studies of German and English literature and culture